Nutrition and wellness is tasteful
Exercise is a benefit to every part of the body--mind included.
Exercise makes you look better, lose weight, and lowers your risk of many chronic diseases, and slows down aging.
"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces--just good food from fresh ingredients."
"If we're not willing to settle for 'junk living,' we shouldn't settle for junk food."
Food is medicine
"Let medicine be thy food, and food be thy medicine."
"Don't eat anything your great grandmother wouldn't recognize as food."
Monday, April 20, 2015
Thursday, April 16, 2015
Top 7 Foods to Improve Brain Power
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Monday, April 13, 2015
In this latest article on living and eating to break 100: Longevity Diet Tips from the Blue Zones, it is not just eating that plays a role in our health and wellbeing -- but, how we live. Are we social? Are we sleeping enough? Do we drink enough water? Are we exercising? As far as eating goes, here is a list of findings that can be instilled in one's diet making it a better one over all as indicated in Dan Buettner's tips on the blue zones.
- Stop eating when your stomach is 80 percent full to avoid weight gain.
- Eat the smallest meal of the day in the late afternoon or evening.
- Eat mostly plants, especially beans. And eat meat rarely, in small portions of 3 to 4 ounces. Blue zoners eat portions this size just five times a month -- on average.
- Drink alcohol moderately and regularly -- like 1 to 2 glasses a day.
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Dr. Miller shares what she learned from her travels to various family farms throughout the country by finding real connections that are linked between how we take care of our bodies and how we grow our food. She also shares what she experienced as a traveler to these farms which then led her to ask such questions as:
- "What can rejuvenating depleted soil teach us about rejuvenating ourselves?
- What are the unexpected ways that urban agriculture can transform the health of a community?
- How can a grazing system on a ranch offer valuable insights into raising resilient children?"
Wednesday, April 8, 2015
Here it is then! The list of 20 Foods You Should Eat When You're Stressed!
- Oatmeal with Berries and Walnuts
- Whole Grain Crackers with Nut Butter
- Veggies with Raw Cheese
- Mug of Hot Water and Lemon
- Salmon Sushi Roll (or just plain Salmon) with Brown Rice
- Dark Chocolate
- Green or Chamomile Tea
- Kale Smoothie
- Sweet Potatoes Drizzled with Coconut Oil
- Superfood Seeds
- Avocado Toast
- Brazil Nuts
- Apples with Tahini
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Banana with Almond Butter
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps (careful with the added sauce)
- Grass-fed Beef Jerky
- Oysters (with horseradish sauce)