Ads 468x60px

Labels

Monday, July 5, 2010

Fresh Green Salad with a Simple Salad Dressing

First off, let me just say, there is nothing more flavorful and tasty than having a fresh salad where you know that all the veggies that you are eating have been recently picked by local farmers!  I had my first experience ordering a Farmer's Market Bag from Specialty Foods here in San Diego and was it ever amazing!  For merely $20 you get a wonderful array of fruits and veggies that will knock your socks off!

So with my fresh lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, cucumber and fragrant basil I made a simple salad with a salad dressing made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, a splash of Worchestershire sauce, a dash of garlic powder, a bit of Dijon Mustard, a splash of Bragg's Liquid Aminos (alternative soy sauce), a squeeze of lemon and crumbled Mexican oregano.  Delish!  This is a simple recipe worth repeating and I think you will feel great knowing it is healthy, filling and flavorful too. Enjoy!

*I used the Flavour Shaker from Jamie Oliver that I mentioned an an earlier post to mix the dressing.*

No comments:

Post a Comment