Ads 468x60px

Labels

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center

On Monday, August 2nd I attended an event at Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center where I assisted as sous chef for high school students from Mexico.  The kids were instructed to cut, clean and prepare fruit for a delicious Cucumber-Watermelon Salad.  The event was successful!  
The mission of Olivewood Gardens is to re-introduce an environmentally friendly scenario to students and families by giving them the tools of managing and caring for their community through organic gardening and nutritional education.
I don't mean to, but I will reiterate by saying that I would never have expected such a treasure in National City!  This place is worth a visit just for the beauty of the premises and the fabulous garden which produces a bounty of edible delights!

No comments:

Post a Comment