Ads 468x60px

Labels

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tasty Saffron Brown Rice

I haven't posted a recipe for a couple of weeks now, time can get away with you.  Nonetheless, here is a flavorful one that you could have on your own or as a side dish.  The nice thing is you can add mixed vegetables to this rice and get a great result.  The ingredients used are packed with vitamins and minerals making this rice really good for you too.  Try it out...

I first heat a 2 Tbsps. of Olive Oil with an additional 1 Tbsp. of Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread.  I add 1/2 a red onion, well chopped with about 2 cups chopped leeks.  I cook these ingredients for about 5 minutes, then I add 1 1/2 cups of brown rice and 3 cups chicken stock (you can use vegetable stock).  I then dissolve 2 tsps. of saffron in about 1 Tbsp. of cold water, then add to the rice.  I also added about 3/4 cup frozen green peas,  1/2 cup chopped spinach and 1/2 cup chopped red bellpepper.

Stir ingredients at a temperature where they come to a boil, then lower the temperature to low.  Cover and cook about 45 to 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment