Ads 468x60px

Labels

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Trout with tomatoes, mint & ginger

So I couldn't think of what to make for dinner and it had occurred to me that I hadn't made fish for awhile.  We try to have fish a couple of times a week, although that doesn't always happen.  But, hoping to continue the New Year with consistent good habits....a work in progress....

2 Trout Fillets

First, preheat oven to 375 degrees.  You can line a baking dish with foil and coat with nonstick spray.

Then, I simply sprinkle some Kosher salt and pepper on the fish and I add about 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil to each fillet and a good squeeze of lemon.

In a separate bowl I add a couple of small diced tomatoes, some chopped mint, a tsp. of fresh ginger, a splash of Bragg's Amino Acids (soy sauce replacement) and before I put the fish in the oven I also add a couple of tbsps. of white wine.

The fish should be done in about 10 to 12 minutes or until it appears opaque in the center.
This goes nicely with saffron rice or brown rice and roasted asparagus....

No comments:

Post a Comment