Ads 468x60px

Labels

Friday, July 15, 2011

Shrimp, Salmon & Fingerling Potato Dinner

Since our return to the "grind" this past week from a long and wonderful 2-week vacation (long over due and necessary) it has been difficult getting back into the "grind".  Thoughts of Mexico and cold beer  and fresh seafood still lingered in our minds, with that said, I threw together this quick dinner.

With the great earthenware clay cookware that I just purchased in Mexico, I merely sauteed some shrimp and potatoes and separately cooked a small piece of fresh salmon in the oven.

In the cookware I first added a couple of tablespoons of olive oil to coat the bottom and then I added 1-2 rosemary sprigs to flavor the oil.  I then added my fingerling potatoes and making sure to coat them in oil for a couple of minutes.  I lastly added a bit of garlic salt to them and let them cook.  On the other side of my cookware, I added my shrimp with a drizzle of beer, salt, pepper, a pinch of cayenne pepper and a good squeeze of lime.

Making sure I let the potatoes cook for about 5 minutes prior to adding the shrimp, the combination came out just right and at the same time.  In the meantime, I had the salmon cooking now for about 5-6 minutes in the oven.  I added olive oil to the salmon, sprinkled it with oregano, salt, pepper and more lime.  I let the small piece of salmon cook for another minute or two.

In a large pyrex dish, I added my shrimp to one side, the potatoes in the middle and finally the salmon.  We shared it and it was good! No need to follow a recipe, trust yourself!  With the right ingredients, some creativity and some thought to making a delicious, healthy meal, it takes no time at all.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment