Ads 468x60px

Labels

Friday, July 13, 2012

Broiled Salmon with Chili Glaze, Ginger and Red Onions

I created this salmon recipe last night from an Epicurious recipe that looked good, although, I didn't have all of the ingredients requested in the recipe, I just created my own with what I had in the frig. This is what I did.

Two Wild Salmon Fillets

I started by lining a baking sheet with foil, which I then coated with nonstick spray.

In a bowl I whisked:
1/3 cup Ground Fresh Chilli Paste (Sambal Oelek brand)
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp. grated and peeled fresh ginger
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup chopped red onion

I added a dash of Kosher salt and pepper to the fillets + a light coat of extra virgin olive oil. I then added the whisked ingredients on top of the fillets and broiled them for approximately 12 to 15 minutes. You may need to leave a little longer, depending on the thickness of the fillet, but you get the idea.
In addition, for a salad, I sliced up an avocado, some cherry tomatoes added some
white wine vinegar, olive oil, some crushed oregano and salt and pepper to taste and a small handful of pistachios!
Healthy, quick and delicious and easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment