Ads 468x60px

Labels

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Change up your Kitchen Oils!

I've blogged about cooking oils and oils in general before, but I am always fascinated by the various flavors that each can bring to your dish or even your salad dressing. By the way, please don't tell me that you buy salad dressing in the grocery store! Why? It is so easy to make ahead of time, it keeps well and you can make quite a bit to last you the week. If you try to eat a salad every day, like I do, its always good to mix it up. I usually make salad dressing on a Sunday -- one that is a little tarter, like olive oil and lemon and maybe one that is a little sweeter, like honey-dijon for instance. But, one that I make from time to time involves the following ingredients and quantities. If its too tangy, add a bit more honey; too sweet, add a bit more Dijon. Taste & experiment!

1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/4. c. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
1 garlic clove -- mashed
a few drops of Worchestershire sauce
2 tsp. of pomegranate molasses (other things to do with p.m.)
1 tsp. fresh ginger
salt & pepper to taste


No comments:

Post a Comment