Ads 468x60px

Labels

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Food Influence from Sicily, Italy

Although I've not been to this part of Italy, pictures of the food served their somehow just resonates with me. Maybe it is the way that the food can be displayed so beautifully on a table or it just reminds me of the way foods were served in our home while growing up. Coming from a large family, we needed to learn how to share, and at the end of the day, the appreciation of savoring the food was truly enjoyed. Another thing that I love to see is the beauty of a dish that leaves you with wanting a taste and smelling its wonderful aroma at the same time. This is the picture in my mind of what Italian food is. The mixture of herbs, spices and delectable ingredients like fresh oregano, Italian parsley, sage and a large array of amazing sauces that can accompany meats and pastas.  Here is a picture just to make you hungry...Sicilian street food: Arancini di Riso con Ricotta.




No comments:

Post a Comment