Ads 468x60px

Labels

Sunday, September 9, 2012

The End of Overeating by Dr. David Kessler

This book had been recommended for me to read and so I am sharing it. There are some intriguing points made about what drives people to eat certain foods that are designed for you to keep coming back for more. Many of the food culprits discussed in the book target sugar, fat and salt.  The author discusses the term, hyper-eating which is "Kessler’s thesis that since the 80s, millions of Americans have been on a binge of conditioned hypereating, brought about by a food industry that knows how to get people to keep chowing down even when they’ve eaten more than enough".

2 comments:

Flip U said...

Great story, great link. Thinking of something you're eating as fat on sugar on fat on salt...that'd give me pause before I ingested it!! This country has got to find its way back to healthy eating ASAP.

Lydia said...

Thanks for your input! The thing is many people don't really think about what they are eating -- it's immediate gratification and the "but I was good all week, I deserve it"! It is true -- the more you know the more empowered you are. If only the other bazillion people out there knew that too:)I suppose that's why I'm blogging...

Post a Comment