Ads 468x60px

Labels

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Recipe: Udon Noodle Soup with Vegetables

It's always a good thing to branch out and try something new, right? After all, there are so many different cuisines that offer healthy recipes. Udon Noodle Soup is one that is easy to make for all it  takes is cooking the noodles and sauteing a variety of vegetables.

This is what I did:
Udon Noodle Soup (for 2 people)
I buy the noodles at a Japanese Market in town called, Mitsuwa in Kearny Mesa. According to the package, I use "one" bundle of noodles per person. I used two bundles, of course, for two people. Plenty! I add the two bundles of noodles to boiling water and let them cook for 10 minutes. Once they are cooked, I strain them in a colander and set aside.
In a large skillet, I use 1 tbsp. sesame oil and two to three minced cloves of garlic and about a tsp. of ginger. To this I add bite-size pieces of chicken breast (total of 2 breasts) and cook them for a few minutes. I add about a tsp. of Worcestershire sauce and a sprinkling of soy sauce and a little chicken broth to keep the meat moist as it cooks. I then add sliced crimini mushrooms, scallions, snow peas or green beans and sliced asparagus. Lastly, I add the cooked noodles to a bowl, add the vegetables and then finally the chicken broth.
Once again, nutrition isn't just about eating one or two different foods, but a variety and Japanese food happens to be one of the healthy food choices! Udon noodles are a good source of protein and low in fat too. So, try branching out -- you may surprise yourself and really like it!


1 comment:

takeaway Brisbane said...

Very nice recipe! Thanks for share.

Post a Comment